The second installment of the KOBE 11 Muse Pack is designed by Tinker Hatfield, honoring Kobe’s ascension to greatness with inspiration from Michael Jordan and the Air Jordan III.
First look at the Kobe 11 low [UPDATE: this is GS version]. First impressions… looks like the Kobe 9 & 8… not a bad thing. That outsole looks kind of bizarre as I’m not sure what type of cushion system they are using. The upper looks like an engineered mesh or possibly a tight woven material. Not a bad shoe but based on reports that Tinker was taking this one and that Kobe’s career is winding down, I might have expected something more unique.
Kobe 11 is around the corner…
The Nike Kobe 11 release date is set to debut this January 2016 in a Red, Gold, and Black colorway, followed by a Kobe 11 Bruce Lee, Easter, and Lakers pair
Nike Kobe 11 Release Date
Nike Kobe 11
University Red/Metallic Gold-Black
January 9, 2016
Nike Kobe 11 “Home”
January 30, 2016
Nike Kobe 11
Hyper Grape/White-Black-University Gold-Bright Crimson
February 27, 2016
Nike Kobe 11 “Bruce Lee”
University Gold/Black-University Red
March 19, 2016
Nike Kobe 11 “Easter”
Dark Grey/Volt-Bright Mango-Court Purple-Black
March 25, 2016
2 Elite Low:
-010 // BLACK/WOLF GREY/PINK FLASH/BLACK
-515 // COURT PURPLE/VIVID PURPLE/CAVE PURPLE/WHITE
1 Elite Low – XMAS cw // 802560-076 // BLACK/BRIGHT CRIMSON//METALLIC GOLD // $250
1 Elite High – More Than Likely “WTK” // 802762-707 // TOUR YELLOW/VOLT//BLACK // $225
3 EM Low:
-305 // EMERALD GLOW/COURT PURPLE//REFLECT SILVER
-402 // SOAR/DEEP ROYAL BLUE//METALLIC SILVER
-002 // BLACK/RADIANT EMERALD/DARK GREY/METALLIC SILVER
2 Elite High:
-004 // BLACK/BLUE LAGOON/VOLT/METALLIC SILVER
-614 // UNIVERSITY RED/OBSIDIAN/BRIGHT CRIMSON/WHITE
KOBE XI ELITE LOW// UNIVERSITY RED/BLACK/BRIGHT CRIMSON/METALLIC GOLD // 822675-670 // 01/09/15 // $200
Nike made it official today by announcing the KD8. I am excited for this shoe. When the images first leaked, there were many critics… “this looks like the air max 2015″… “downgrade”… “where’s the strap?” But for me, this seems to fit all of my wants in a hoop shoe… low cut, light weight, flexible, great cushioning, and traction. I also am liking the possibilities with the Flyweave upper. Here is to a successful line Nike and KD!!
Here are the highlights from the press release:
- Flyweave technology upper – first Nike basketball shoe to use it.Woven textile that can be designed in high resolution, down to the pixel.
- Articulated full-length Nike Zoom Air unit – first time there are notches strategically placed in the forefoot and heel to flex with the foot’s movement.
- Flywire in the forefoot, locks you in.
- Sabertooth Tiger tattoo on KD’s leg was a source of inspiration. Predatory instincts, ferocity and prehistoric old soul… what? But the heel design was designed to mimic a sabertooth’s fangs.
- First release will be the “July 4th” colorway dropping on June 27th… in limited quantities… you know what that means. The upper will contain firework inspired patterns.
- The second colorway will be the red one from the images called, “V8”. Inspired by Durant’s Camaro he had customized in 2010.
In case you aren’t familiar with the “What The…” line from Nike, they are an attempt to mash-up and capture many of the best moments and various colorways for a particular signature model. This year the WTKD7 has been inspired from 18 different releases (wow… just think about that… 18 colorways). I know not everyone is a fan of this wild release but I enjoy them as a way to remember many of the shoes with one model. See if you can spot the different colorways or you can always read the Nike article linked below to see which ones made the cut.
New KD7 What The shoe available June 20 combines various colors, patterns, graphics and technical details of popular KD7 colorways into a modern mashup.