Nike made it official today by announcing the KD8. I am excited for this shoe. When the images first leaked, there were many critics… “this looks like the air max 2015″… “downgrade”… “where’s the strap?” But for me, this seems to fit all of my wants in a hoop shoe… low cut, light weight, flexible, great cushioning, and traction. I also am liking the possibilities with the Flyweave upper. Here is to a successful line Nike and KD!!
Here are the highlights from the press release:
- Flyweave technology upper – first Nike basketball shoe to use it.Woven textile that can be designed in high resolution, down to the pixel.
- Articulated full-length Nike Zoom Air unit – first time there are notches strategically placed in the forefoot and heel to flex with the foot’s movement.
- Flywire in the forefoot, locks you in.
- Sabertooth Tiger tattoo on KD’s leg was a source of inspiration. Predatory instincts, ferocity and prehistoric old soul… what? But the heel design was designed to mimic a sabertooth’s fangs.
- First release will be the “July 4th” colorway dropping on June 27th… in limited quantities… you know what that means. The upper will contain firework inspired patterns.
- The second colorway will be the red one from the images called, “V8″. Inspired by Durant’s Camaro he had customized in 2010.